Gulf Islands Tall Ship Tour 2017
International students only
On this tall ship expedition, Brentwood College students will explore the Gulf Islands National Park Reserve and Salish Sea, as the crew and trainees aboard BC’s heritage tall ship, the Maple Leaf. Activities include:
• View and learn about marine mammals, respectfully, in their natural habitat.
• Explore BC’s rich and weird intertidal life, hands-on with a naturalist.
• Hike the diverse island environments, from shell midden beaches to rocky
bluffs with spectacular views, to rainforest, and meadows.
• Sail, steer and navigate the ship through the maze of channels, learning
hands-on about local geography.
• Uncover the region’s history, from First Nations to recent settlers.
• Gain a new perspective, by seeing our local word in a new way, by ship.
Nov. 2 to 7, 2017
Thursday, the 2nd to Tuesday, the 7th, 2017.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact me directly: McCarthd@brentwood.bc.ca